Renowned lawyer and human rights activist, Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa, SAN, has warned the Nigerian Airforce from hastily burying heroine, Flying Officer Tolulope Arotile,
Adegoruwa is demanding a thorough investigation into her death before she is buried.
Adegboruwa in a statement issued in Lagos on Sunday July 19, 2020, raised ten (10) questions which he said must be answered so as to clear all doubts about the circumstances of her death.
According to him, “The sudden death of Tolulope Arotile has caused a national mourning in this time of COVID-19 pandemic.
“It is tragic, painful and gruesome. The inconsistent stories emerging from the Nigerian Air Force has not helped to douse the suspicions.
“The least we expect is a proper investigation, followed with a Coroner’s Inquest, including an independent autopsy report.
“There is no point in rushing to bury her in the light emerging revelations.”
The 10 questions raised by the eminent Lawyer are:
- Who drove the car?
- Where did the accident happen?
- Where was Arotile going to?
- A reversing car means it had passed her, so was she trekking?
- Was she blindfolded not to see the reversing car to escape?
- Were her legs tied?
- What kind of medical treatment did she receive?
- In which hospital was she treated?
- Who called her out from her rest after a successful air combat on bandits?
- Why are there inconsistent statements from the Nigerian Air Force, being released in bits and pieces?
The activist, lawyer urged President Muhammadu Buhari “to direct a full investigation into her death, to suspend the burial plans until the conclusion of the investigations.”