A COVID-19 case under quarantine in Kwara has been reported dead by Kwara State Government on Saturday as announced by the Kwara government.
The deceased, who arrived from Lagos with his wife and a child shortly after he reportedly suffered stroke at his Lagos base was said to have arrived into Kwara and was immediately taken into quarantine.
The Kwara state government had treated him, his wife and their child as suspected cases with samples taken from them and the results came back positive.
Though the diseaced has been buried, everyone involved in the burial had been contacted for samples of materials from them while the Rapid Response Team was also said to have moved in, to bring all those involved into the isolation centre, including the wife and the child.
The statement urges citizens to see COVID-19 as a deadly and highly contagious virus that requires adherence to all safety protocols, including obeying the lockdown order.
There is no shame or blame in contracting the virus as this is a global pandemic from which no one is immune.
The government also announces four new positive cases of COVID-19 — from amongst those who sneaked into the state from the northwestern axis of the country.
This brings to 28 the total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Kwara State. Of these, 19 are active while nine have been discharged. All active cases are asymptomatic.
COVID 19 IS REAL. STAY HOME. STAY SAFE.