No fewer than twenty three shops were razed down in an early morning inferno that reportedly wreck havoc at Owode Market, Offa, Kwara State.
According to source, the ravaging fire started around 1:00am but before sympathizer were able to reach fire service many shops had been engulfed in the inferno.
However, as soon as the State Fire Service arrived, the fire was initially prevented from further spreading to the other shops in that vicinities before it was later put under control.
Reacting on the incident, the Head, Media and Publicity of the Kwara Fire Service, Hassan Hakeem Adekunle, said that though the intelligence unit of the Fire Service is working to know the immediate and remote cause of the fire outbreak, he suspects that electric spark might be the cause.
“And if not because of the quick intervention of the fire Brigade, the disaster would have been a great one. Though about twenty three shops were affected due to the little delayment in calling fire Bigade.”
“The cause of the inferno was suspected to be an electric spark, even though some intelligent teams of State Fire Service are still working on that to ascertain the actual cause of the “outbreak ”
More details will be released as details unfold..